Check out an opportunity to get certified below:
OHSAA FASTPITCH SOFTBALL CLASS
Sponsored by the OHIO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, HUB of OHIO SOFTBALL UMPIRES ASSOCIATION and Ohio USA Softball.
This is an opportunity to obtain your OHSAA officiating permit and USA Softball registration in a few in-person sessions. Registration is currently open.
Class sessions will be from 8AM to 6PM Sunday, February 21, 2021 and 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM Thursday, March 18, 2021 and will include instruction in OHSAA and USA Softball rules as well as umpire mechanics. This is an accelerated classroom and participation school designed to help new umpires learn as quickly as possible. Wear comfortable clothes and gym shoes. The OHSAA online examination, Zoom Classes and scrimmage opportunities are part of this course and will be offered during and after the conclusion of the class.
Cost and OHSAA Registration Process
Only $130 per student – includes all instruction, books, materials, and testing fee for your OHSAA permit. All registration is handled on line with payments by a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. To register follow the steps listed on the page below.
Optional USA Softball Registration for 2021 will be offered at no additional cost to the student. The normal fee for USA Softball registration is $45 so there is a significant savings for all students!
There is a tremendous need for new softball officials. We will work to insure that you begin your career at a level where you are comfortable – whether it is school games or recreation softball. OHSAA has targeted recruiting Minorities and Females into the officiating ranks and while most students have typically been adults, OHSAA regulations now allow high school students of all ages to participate in these classes.
- Click on the link, http://officials.myohsaa.org/Logon.
- Once you so this you will arrive at the “Log On” page. This page can be identified with a picture of 4 officials on the left side of the screen (under the OHSAA logo).
- Unless you are already an OHSAA licensed official in another sport, click on “register“. (highlighted in orange) This will take you to the DASHBOARD.
- Once at the DASHBOARD, you will be asked to “please head over to your profile and complete your contact and official information. On the left side of the screen click on “Contact Information” and fill out the information listed. Please make sure you answer the question about any possible felonies.
- After you complete your contact information, click on “Choose Sports” and select the sports you are interested in officiating –softball.
- You are now set to take a look at and register for our course. To get to this area, you must click on the orange silhouette or the word “official“. Although still on the DASHBOARD, you now have access to every course offered throughout the state of Ohio. Click on “Select a Course” and it will list all the softball courses offered. You can find our course directly by typing “Burwell” in the search box.
- At the bottom of our course information page you will see a “Signup” button. Hit that button and complete the form.
- Your will receive a confirmation of your registration and your books will be available at the first class.
- If you have questions please contact Mike Burwell by email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information contact:
OHSAA Certified Softball Instructor